Friday, May 21, 2010

What I stayed up until 1am. working on...

just cause I felt like it...

A couple of weeks ago I purchased some cute vintage(y) onsies from a dollar store in hopes of making them cute(r) by adding a few things to them.


After Faye wore them just once, the cheap snaps broke and I was tempted to throw them out. Thankfully I didn't. I just simply cut-off the bottom. Since it's t-shirt material, it rolls and doesn't fray when cut. 

I'd like to call this upcycling...
or
Repurposing...


On this shirt, I made scrappy flowers
out of... Well, the scraps!




And with the rest of the scraps, I made 
this little headband...


And here's another...


I made this ruffly flower out of some
scraps of material I already had and 
sewed it on with a button.






For this shirt, again, I just used some scraps
that I already had and rolled them into 
little flowers...




With this shirt, I put it into an embroidery hoop
and cut out a birdie and wing and stitched it on
by hand and used a button for the eye. 

It might be my favorite...


I also repurposed some headbands that she
already had that weren't that cute...




And I couldn't help but show you the booties
that I've been making. I don't think I've ever
posted them on here...





I think I'm gonna get into Olivia's closet 
today and see what else I can repurpose...




6 comments:

Cori said...

love love love love love love love love volev volevelevelevelevel.. you know how you say one word a bunch of times in a row? well thats what i did and it turned into level! :) I LEVEL THESE THINGS YOU MADE! I am do excited!

christy rose said...

Every thing that you did is so so cute! You are so creative! :)

laura Brown said...

I'm not sure what's cuter. Faye or all of the cute items that you've made. I love her poses!

Great job!

Unknown said...

I am beyond jealous!!!!You are so amazingly creative Steph-what a blessing and a true example of of Proverbs 31:13b :-)

Brie said...

THESE ARE SOOOOOO AWESOME! I want to move to Peoria and we can stay up late at night and make fun creations together and talk about how awesome God is and what he's doing in our lives! Dude, - we should do this when we skype! I'm so excited!

editor said...

you are so creative! you should sell these - you'd make a million! xoxo