Tuesday, October 13, 2009

entry #139

Dear Family,
Thank you for so lovingly eating the crap I've been making for
dinner for the past week or so. I'm glad that you've 'enjoyed' it.

Dear Father-in-law Steve,
Thank you for donating to the youth of our church for baby-
sitting night on behalf of us and in hopes of giving us a date night.
We can't wait and are planning on a lovely dinner with some
friends from out of town. Looking forward to intelligent
conversations (minus what comes out of my mouth) and not
having to fight with little people to eat their food. The youth
can deal with that for Saturday night :)

Dear Liam,
Thanks for letting me hold you this morning while looking
out the window. You warm my heart with your words.
You are trying so hard to learn and you're
doing so well. I'm just not quite sure what you mean
when you are yelling and crying and throwing yourself
on the ground over something you may or may not
want to eat that I may or may not have. This morning
it was over bananas (i think) that I didn't have then after
agreeing on a bowl of cereal (with milk) you stole my
applesauce. (what i really wanted and now is gone)
That's how much I love you. Remember that.

Dear Olivia,
Thank you for your concert last night. You make a wonderful
rock star. You're going to go far. Well, maybe not too far since
you won't be dressing or acting like a skank. But we're your
biggest fans and have tons of faith in you as a conservative
rock star that will be dressed in turtle neck sweaters and
long pants. You might not have much to sing about though
as we will be keeping you within arms reach at all times and
possibly locked in your room till you're 30. (just kidding... kinda)

Dear Couch,
Thank you for being a source of comfort for the past 2 weeks
but I feel that it's time we parted ways. You are pushing the
baby farther and farther into my ribs as I sleep. However,
you are conveniently located next to the bathroom but I miss
my husband and I'm starting to miss sleep again. But if my
bed fails me again, I'll return into your waiting cushions.

1 comment:

Brie said...

We can't wait for Saturday either! I'm so stoked to not have to feed a child during dinner, or worry about all the food she through on the floor, or putting her down and her bothering other people trying to eat.... ah what a weekend it will be!