Monday, October 12, 2009

entry #138

This past weekend was wonderfully relaxing. Just what we needed. It started off with a great family night on friday night. Playing games and coloring with the kids. Then Saturday Olivia got to go with her daddy and uncle to play frisbee golf. She has so much fun going places with her daddy. She always calls them their dates even if it's just to the store. I'm so thankful she has such a wonderful father that will always be there for her. And now he'll have three women in his life to love and spoil ;)

After that we lounged around and finally got ready to go to my husband's parent's house to hang out with them before his brothers and mom headed out on the road again. It was fun and my brother in law made us nachos!! Exactly what I was craving. Then we went bowling. I got a 123! I was so proud of myself but it tired me out and I knew only one game was enough for me. Had I played again my score would have been much much lower. Not to mention our son was running around like a crazy person.

On Sunday we went to church after a hectic morning trying to get out the door. My son decided to throw his cereal all over our dining room and his sister and his hair. So in the bath he went.

At church, I realized I hadn't really felt the baby at all that morning and then she started doing something weird in her chest and it made me nervous. After talking with my midwife I decided to wait it out.

We went home afterwards and just snuggled and watched the kids' shows. Best sunday in a long time!
I made some nasty spaghetti that my family all loved but me. This baby hates pastas! Before we ate I had taken my iron and 30 mins. later took two more pills forgetting I had already taken it and by 8 I was not feeling too hot. I was having dizzy spells and was weak and my heart was racing. Jess said I went pale. I called my awesome midwife (after a day of calling her about the baby's movements) and she suggested I drink a glass of milk. ICK! I was gagging at the thought of it while Jess was getting it for me. I drank it slowly as not to throw it up and it actually worked. I guess the milk counter reacts the iron pills. I felt SOOOOO much better and soon after baby Faye began to move regularly and all was well. I was peaceful and fell asleep in jess' arms... until 30 mins later when I had to wake up to pee. Then I had to send him to bed (i've been sleeping on the couch for better comfort with my heartburn and rib problem) because he was snoring and twitching and I cannot fall asleep to that. Poor guy. I get it from my mom! Blame her. :)

All in all we had a wonderful weekend of reconnecting as a family and now I'm sad the week has started. But, Olivia and I have declared this a day of being lazy and snuggling and watching movies and reading books. So I can't complain :) we just miss our man....

1 comment:

Brie said...

It seems to me that almost everything you eat is "exactly what you were craving" hmmm.... We had a great lazy weekend too, I think it was just the perfect time for it!