Friday, April 16, 2010

What you'll see me in this summer...

If I know you personally that is and feel comfortable enough to be near you half-naked. I will never feel comfortable being half-naked though, in public, but this suit sure does help with the stage-fright. Let me tell you about this wonder suit...

It's been a while since I've actually worn a one-piece. I shopped for one after Liam was born. I looked ridiculous. I am only 5'4'' and I have no torso so a one-piece just made me look shorter and wider. So I never bothered with a one-piece again. 

Now, after having faye, I have a few more pounds to lose but more then anything I have more loose skin around my middle that makes a lovely ring that I really didn't feel like showing off this summer. I'm sure it'll go away eventually (she's only 5 mo. my husband reminds me) but it's there right now, and I don't want to see it or worry about it. I just want to enjoy my summer. 

So I started shopping online for some one-pieces. At first I found this one at Victoria Secret...


but for $169 i wasn't about to buy.

So I kept looking. I looked at oldnavy.com, gap.com, forever21.com, etc. etc. with no luck at all. Nothing was really like that suit or worth the price. But then I looked on target.com and I was happily surprised to see an almost identical suit for only $35.00



the only downside is that it was online-only but after reading reviews like:





and another woman gave it 5 stars but said, 'don't buy this suit!!!
cause i don't want every woman on the beach matching me!!!'

So I decided to order it and take my chances. I could always sent it back. I ordered a small in the blue (which is actually more of a teal in person). I was surprised with the quality of the suit and how cute it actually was. Much cuter in person then even on the model. Probably cause that model doesn't have awesome baby-baring hips like me.

Anyways, the small fit but it was a little small in the butt area and a bit short in the torso. I didn't feel like having to constantly adjust so I ordered a medium and decided that I also loved the red, so I ordered the red. 

I am very happy with the fit of the medium. It's a little big in width but it's not noticeable and I'd take that over being too small in bad areas. My only complaint is that the strap comes off easily (it's one of those optional straps) and it slips out of the little fabric hook. And it is not adjustable. I am going to figure out a way to make the strap stay where it needs too and maybe shorten it a bit or tie a knot in it. But that's a minor thing. It's not like my girls are gonna fall out. I just like the added support of a strap. 

I would post a picture of me in it just to show you how wonderful it truly is.... NOT!!! I don't know how this review is that helpful since I am not willing to do so, you'll just have to take my word for it and all the other women's reviews. You can always send it back and it's only $35.00!! Can't beat that. 

So if you're looking for the perfect not-my-grandma's-one-piece for this summer, I highly suggest this one.


2 comments:

Jess said...

You look really Hott in it too :)

Amanda Rassi said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I like you have struggled to find a one-piece, for the exact same reasons. I will have to give this one a try. Don't forget too that you can return online orders to the store in most cases and save yourself the return shipping.