Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am all about making a house a home...

and better yet, making your house a home
on a budget!

Here are some sites that I find extremely 
inspiring and creative. I just thought I'd 
share. 

I ♥ before and afters from design sponge.
I especially like the ones she featured today...





and this...





and this designer nursery...



and this outdoor couch...


I also LOVE Layla's house and her 





re-think and re-paint our dining room...


And, of course, we all love Young House Love...
Seeing their whole house, made me re-think our
whole house's design. 

♥ their living room!



And what is quickly becoming a favorite
website for ALL of those who are looking
to make their own furniture and not spend
money out the butt, check out knock off wood

I ♥ her bragging board posts. Especially
a whopping $16.52 to make!!!



Someday I'll have a patio and a big outdoor dining 
table and it will be awesome!

And last but not least,

I couldn't find the blog post about her
that I had originally read but the thing
that stuck out to me, that she said, was
that it was their family's home so they 
designed with their family in mind and also
that they never spent more then $150 on a room (i think).

Whenever I re-design a room, in our home, 
I think about family-functionality and simplicity.

I've learned a few things and I am anxious to get
back to designing our home once things settle
down a bit. Right now it's all staring at me like
a blank canvas... 

Someday I'll tackle my to-do's with all of the
ideas and inspirations I have found in blogland...

For now I thought I'd share them with you!


Enjoy!


No comments: