Saturday, February 20, 2010

We have been blessed...

Yet again! Who knew it'd be possible?

We are currently in route to Wisconsin to pick-up our new (to us) minivan! We are beyond thrilled to have found a reliable vehichle for our family.

It's my grandparents' and they were selling it. My grandpa knows cars. He use to be a mechanic so we totally trust that this is the van for us. I was uneasy buying through the classifieds.

We currently have an suv that seats 5. We have outgrown it with 3 carseats smashed together. On top of that it needs some work. Since it's been paid off we just didn't feel that we wanted to put anymore money into it but would rather put money towards purchasing something newer and bigger.

I shared my concerns with my dad and asked for his advice in buying something now or waiting a few more months. He shared the same concerns that I had. Size, safety, money... But also going into debt to purchase something else. It's been nice not having any car payments.

We could do it and would have had to. We were fully prepared to do this. To buy a minivan. In a couple months... We couldn't find anything we liked! I ran searches on every model we looked at and they all were scary!

So we were going to wait. My dad calls one day and asked what I thought about my grandparents' van (his parents). We liked it and the mileage was good. No scary report. So we asked how much. He says it's a secret...

That night they surprise us by telling us that they were buying it for us!

WOW!!!!!!

We were/are shocked. We get a free vehicle! No payments! It's safe! And it's big enough for our family!

We are incredibly grateful to my parents for this wonderful gesture. Words just cannot express....

Thankyou! Thankyou for thinking of our family. Our future (financial & physical). And our safety!

Love you!





- posted via my iPhone

4 comments:

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Wow, y'all! That is so awesome. Praise the Lord for such a giving family. Hope you enjoy life as a mini-van mom, Steph. I know I have! lol. :)

-Sarah

kinze said...

That is great ... praise God! I hear ya with the whole SUV thing and three car seats jammed together! We are in the van buying market and it is hard to come across a reasonably priced and dependable one! Enjoy your new ride!

christy rose said...

Wow! that is absolutely wonderful! what a blessing!!! God is so good! I am so happy for you!! You will be happy in a van with your expanding family! they are so nice! and there is nothing better than free!!! The best things in life are free we just have to remember that and remain grateful in knowing that you never earn the things that are free. :) You are so blessed in so many ways! :)

stephanie said...

Thankyou ladies! So far it's wonderful!