Tuesday, February 23, 2010

365/53-54

Ever since having Olivia I have been wanting a good camera to take amazing pictures of my kids. I never really looked into it seriously because I knew the were expensive. Well, after seeing my brother-in-law's dslr camera, I really wanted one!!! I scored a Nikon D40 off of amazon.com for a mere $450.00 with an extra battery and memory card and battery charger included!
It finally came in today and I am beyond thrilled!

I just have to figure out all of the settings and how to use it. I snapped a few shots today and was quite happy with the results so I thought I'd share them with you here.






What do you think? Not bad for a complete amateur, huh?

I look forward to learning more from and being inspired
by these wonderful mommas: Tiffany, Shauna_Rae, Ree,
and this wonderful photography blog.


6 comments:

Cori said...

steph these look amazing! we NEED to get together soon! our babies wont fall in love if they are never around each other.. although.. absence makes the heart grow fonder. ;)

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Ahh, Steph, you are going to LOVE that thing! Mike calls mine (Nikon D300) my 4th child, it's so loved. :) If you have ?s, let me know... also, a free, very informational sight I learned a ton from: www.ilovephotography.com. You have to sign up for an account. Be prepared to start spending way too much time reading & practicing! Ha!

Brie said...

Wow! Your camera totally rocks! And you're an excellent amatuer photog. Hope we get to visit again soon!

laura @ hollywood housewife said...

oh, you will LOVE that camera! I got the D60 for my last birthday and have been so pleased.

I still haven't totally learned to use it "right" but even the regular pictures are so much better on an SLR!

stephanie said...

Thanks guys! I love it and I will be taking tons of pics so be prepared to be bombarded with cuteness :)

christy rose said...

These pictures are awesome! you are doing pretty good at that for being a beginner. I so want one of those cameras too. :)