Wednesday, February 11, 2009

watch.



as a female driver i have ran into a cement post at the bank when i was 17 and didn't figure out that was the dent in the side of my parents van until after they decided it was a hit and run in a parking lot.

i have tried to jump start my car when it wasn't dead. lights and radio worked just fine! should have been a big clue. my sister had used my car and left it in drive when she shut off the engine so i went to start it and it wouldn't. i figured out what was wrong only after i started a fire in the garage trying to jump it.

on another occasion i was following my dad to a mechanic's so that i could drive him home after dropping off his truck. it had just started raining (i like to add that part in) and i was reading a church sign and saw too late that he was stopped ahead of me and when i tried to brake i crashed into him. he luckily saw me coming in his mirror and braced himself for the blow. when we took a turn to get off the road his truck topper flew off into a busy intersection and he and i had to carry it back and put it on. 2 state troopers stopped at different times ready to fill out the accident report and my dad chuckled and said no need cause i was his daughter. then, thinking that i had a broken rib or something spent a good portion in the er that night getting checked out. all was fine. i dented my dad's truck to the frame but mine was easily fixed with a rubber mallet.

oh and when i was 16 my dad was trying to teach me stick-shift on a country road. i'm surprised the transmission didn't fall out. my dad was trying to eat his lunch and could barely keep it down cause he was laughing too hard. i have ZERO coordination and have NEVER tried it again.

any funny stories?

No comments: