Monday, December 1, 2008

happy monday!

i hope you were able to recover from the holiday.
i think we have but we're battling the end of a cold here.

we had a lovely 5 days


i baked on wednesday. they 'helped'.

wednesday night my hubby took me to four christmases
it was ok. it wasn't a movie i'd want to see again.
but, none the less, it was a christmas movie!

on thursday was thanksgiving, of course.
we ate lunch with my family
then headed to my husband's family's
we stayed up till the wee hours playing rock band.




on friday morning my sister and i battled the crowds. but we didn't start till 8:30ish.
it was actually perfect timing to still get some good deals without the HUGE crowds.
yaya came with and it was SOOOO fun!
this is the first year that she's really into it.

but this is how we felt.


friday night we enjoyed a lovely evening with my
brother-in-law and his lovely girlfriend.
we ate chinese take-out from the mall. (best ever!)
then lit some candles.


what? mine totally looks like this!

we brought down the tree.
literally.
it's been up in a stand-up attic fully decorated since last year.
plug it in and you have christmas!

on saturday night we were invited over to
my sister's sister-in-laws house
for the festival of lights parade and dinner
.


our hosts


my sis and her hubby


my parents


my brother and sister



he LOVED the lights!







it was sooo cold but sooo worth it being sick and all!


and yesterday it snowed!


i hope you all had a lovely holiday weekend!

1 comment:

Tiffany Alexandria said...

Yay! An update! I have been checking this religiously waiting for you to post again :) Your blogging is fabulous! ha
Your home was absolutely beautiful on Friday. It was so christmas-like and peaceful :) and the food was great! I agree!
I hope you all get over your cold stuff. I am, as you have already heard, battling a cold here myself. Bummer! Hopefully by the end of the week I will be in tip top shape again. Can't wait to chat some more later!